What a great, refreshing recipe. If you want something authentic and unusual for a vegetable tray, look no further. The combination of Feta cheese, mint and the tang of Yogurt makes this classic delightful. Traditionally this is used as a condiment, going on everything from Gyros to roasted Lamb. It is quick and easy, so give it a try next time you need something fresh!
Makes about 1 quart
|Greek Yogurt, Plain
Cucumber, small dice, seeds and skin removed.
Feta Cheese, Crumbled
Mint, Dried (Sub 2 tablespoons fresh)
- Begin by placing the Cucumber in your food processor and pulse a few times.
- Next add your Yogurt, Sour cream, mayonnaise and blend until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the Feta and continue to blend. If you want a chunky sauce, only pulse a few times.
- Remove from food processor and place in mixing bowl, whisk in the lemon juice and mint.
- Cover tightly and let stand for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving, overnight if possible. This is to allow the mint flavors to bloom in the sauce.