So I used to make a dish that was pretty heavily in the garlic department, and one time I actually forgot the garlic and wound up making a light lemon cream sauce which got me thinking. After some trial and error, I came up with this recipe. I hope you all enjoy it! It is a great departure from the normal shrimp treatments!
|Shrimp, 21-30 count, peeled, deveined
Pasta, I prefer big and flat, like Fettuccini
Asparagus spears, sliced 1”
Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
Half & Half
Salt and pepper
- Begin by putting on a pot of salted water and cooking the pasta to desired doneness.
- While the pasta is cooking, get a medium sized sauté pan and melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Microwave the Asparagus for one minute, then add the mushrooms and asparagus to the pan and sauté for about 1-2 minutes, until the mushrooms start to give up some moisture.
- Lightly season the Shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the sauté pan, pushing the veggies to the sides of the pan. Cook for one minute.
- Turn the Shrimp onto the other side and add in the lemon juice, reduce heat to medium. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the half and half and lemon zest and cook until the sauce begins to lightly boil, then simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat, add in the parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Toss with the pasta and serve!